(June 27, 2020 12:30 PM) American 1 Credit Union awarded 12 graduating high school seniors from southern Michigan with $1,000 scholarships for their commitment to volunteerism in their community. American 1 offered the awards through their annual Community Involvement Scholarship Program.
Each student applicant submitted an essay on the importance of volunteerism and how their involvement has impacted the community. The scholarships are funded through American 1’s Skip-a-Pay program, where credit union members can choose to skip one month’s loan payment for $25. A portion of the $25 fees are then used to fund the scholarship program.
The 2020 American 1 Community Involvement Scholarship winners are:
• Savannah F. – Chelsea High School
• Teagan H. – Michigan Center High School
• Elena H. – Bloomfield Hills High School
• Ava M. – Chelsea High School
• Jason Z. – Salem High School
• Emily C. – Chelsea High School
• Reagan F. – Hanover Horton High School
• Courtney F. – Addison High School
• Charvik V. – Canton High School
• Chloe C. – Salem High School
• Lee B. – Manchester High School
• Tayler T. – Bellevue High School
Established in 1950, American 1 Credit Union today serves over 58,000 members with branches in Jackson, Washtenaw, Hillsdale, Calhoun, Lenawee, and Wayne counties. American 1 is proud to serve the members of their communities by creating financial wellness through personal everyday banking.
Contact JTV News. Do you have information or news to share? Do you have any questions or do you need resources?