Job Title: Marketing and Communications Director
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Develops and implements effective marketing and communication strategies.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Works with membership team and program team to develop and execute the annual plan for marketing and communications. Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the membership and program goals and objectives are met.
- Develops, produces, and distributes materials and information necessary to promote Y membership, programs, and services as assigned
- Monitor and create content for social media channels, website, and Y App.
- Draft, circulate for review and issue news releases; develop relationships with key news media; create and maintain list of key media contacts; in conjunction with the Y CEO, serve as Y spokesperson with the media.
- Act as a staff liaison to the Marketing and Communications Committee, work with the Committee Chairperson to schedule and facilitate meeting, prepare agendas, and submit minutes to the Board of Directors.
- Develop, implement, create reports, and gather insights for tools to evaluate membership and program participant satisfaction and organizational impact.
- Develops, monitors, and administers assigned annual budget and maintains a positive fiscal position.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with community partners and makes and or coordinates presentations about the YMCA
- Development and distribution of the annual report including providing and maintains related statistics and reports throughout the year as needed.
- Lead assigned aspects of fund-raising campaigns and special events.
- Maintains and distributes Board Communications including but not limited to meeting minutes, Board Meeting Packets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Emotional Maturity
- Developing Self & Others
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous professional experience in marketing and/or sales preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Proficiency in a variety of web-based computer applications
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communications skills, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.