The Jackson Women’s History Council invites the public to submit a nominee for the annual Susan B. Anthony Award. Selected honorees will be celebrated during the annual reception held on Sunday February 25, 2018 at the Cascades Manor House. The nomination form and any supporting documents are due January 31, 2018.
Susan B. Anthony challenged the inequities suffered by women in society and who led the nation to recognize human rights. While she believed passionately in and worked for civil and political rights, equality, and dignity for all people, Susan B. Anthony is most notably recognized for her activist efforts to obtain the right to vote for women.
The Jackson Women’s History Council established the award 41 years ago in recognition of Susan B. Anthony to honor her legacy, and celebrate the contemporary achievements of women and men.
New this year, the Jackson Women’s History Council is looking to honor women and men who have just begun to get involved with social, cultural, or political groups that work to further the advancement of women. The Emerging Leader may have less experience, but an equal passion as a Susan B. Anthony honoree.
Nominees should be individuals (male or female) who meet the following criteria:
· Live or work in Jackson County
· Participates in organizations whose purpose is to further the advancement or image of women
· Is directly involved in enhancing the status, education, or well-being of women or girls
· Is actively involved in the promotion of equal rights for women
· Serves as a role model for women or girls, based on professional accomplishments or contributions on behalf of women
For a nomination form, or for more information, please write to Connie Poisson, email@example.com.