(July 13, 2020 4:09 PM) Effective immediately, community members who want to schedule an appointment at Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s COVID-19 drive-through testing center should call (517) 205-6100. The testing site is located at the Henry Ford Allegiance Specialty Hospital, 110 N. Elm Avenue, Jackson.
Testing is recommended for anyone exposed to someone known to have COVID-19, or who has the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Michigan’s testing criteria has been expanded to include:
- Asymptomatic (without symptoms) individuals who are preparing for surgery.
- Those who work in a profession that puts them at high risk of exposure due to contact with the public.
- Those who work in certain industries, such as food processing.
Anyone with life-threatening symptoms, such as shortness of breath, should call 9-1-1 or immediately go to the nearest emergency department.
Contact JTV News. Do you have information or news to share? Do you have any questions or do you need resources?